Plagiarism checkers are necessary for both students and teachers. They play an important in checking the uniqueness of assignments, research papers, and any other document in less time. Everyone knows that the most commonly used tool for checking plagiarism is Turnitin. It helps teachers to check the students’ submissions for plagiarism with the latest AI technology.
Top 3 Turnitin Alternatives to Check for Plagiarism in 2022
Turnitin matches your content and provides a similarity score based on how much of your content matches with the text in the Turnitin database. However, several users are facing some technical issues, webpage outages, and other bugs.
Therefore, a large of users are looking forward to finding some useful alternatives to Turnitin to ensure the plagiarism of their work before any submission. In this post, we are going to list some of the most recommended Turnitin alternatives along with their detailed working process and results.
But, before listing the alternatives, you must know:
Why look for Turnitin Alternatives to Check Plagiarism?
Sometimes Turnitin highlights the natural and common words as plagiarized text. This hinders the ability of the teacher to determine when a student commits any real plagiarism.
Apart from this, Turnitin doesn’t have the access to as many online databases as most of the other tools have. As a result, it may overlook plagiarism of your work if there is no database available for it.
However, this tool is highly recommended by instructors in different Institutes, it has multiple drawbacks which force people to look for its alternatives. Some of the main drawbacks of this plagiarism detecting software are:
- It doesn’t have the access to match students’ work with content available on websites.
- This software can’t match the given content to textbooks unless they are available in the digital format on the internet.
- It doesn’t have the ability to distinguish between actual plagiarism and referenced text.
- Turnitin skips figures and tables in the content while checking the content for plagiarism.
- It is quite expensive as most of the online tools are available for free.
Top 3 Alternatives of Turnitin to Check Plagiarism in 2022
Prepostseo is providing manywriting tools for free. Its wide range of useful tool sets includes a plagiarism checker. This could be the perfect alternative to Turnitin as it uses advanced AI technology to detect plagiarism.
This plagiarism checker has the ability to compare your text with all online resources and databases to find the copied text. To check the working of this tool, we have entered some published content in it and the results are:
It matches your content with online databases and highlights the plagiarized text within seconds. This plagiarism checker is available in both free and paid versions. The noticeable thing is that it also finds the sources of all the matched text for easy citation. Whereas, Turnitin compares and finds the original source from the publications.
Features of this Free Plagiarism-Checking Tool
- Files Uploading: To get rid of typing or pasting, you can use this feature to upload files from the local storage in TXT, DOC, and PDF format.
- Accurate Results: By using the latest AI, it detects plagiarism and provides accurate results in less time.
It tells the exact percentage of unique and plagiarized content and also finds the actual source of matched content.
- Copy Results: You can use this feature to copy results at the same time with one click.
- Download Report: To save your report for any future usage, use this feature. Simply click on the download icon and it allows you to download the result report in both HTML and PDF formats.
The online plagiarism detector by Check-Plagiarism is popular among students, teachers, and bloggers. Just like Turnitin and Prepostseo, it also uses Artificial Intelligence technology to detect plagiarism from any content. The incredible thing about this checker is its accuracy and speed of generating plagiarism reports in less time.
According to us, it could be the best fit for Turnitin alternatives for students because of its different useful features. It is available in both free and paid versions. We have entered a random piece of content in the checker and it provides the below results:
It checks your content for any plagiarism by comparing it with online databases and detects sentence-wise plagiarism in seconds. This checker also provides the matched URLs within a blink of an eye for quick citation.
Useful Features of Check-Plagiarism
- Top-Notch AI: The checker works with the state of the art AI technology to find plagiarism in any document.
Simply type or paste your work into the checker and it will tell the uniqueness of your content in seconds.
- Quick Results: As compared with Turnitin, the thing we like the most while checking content for plagiarism with Check-Plagiarism, is its quick results.
It generates an accurate plagiarized text report with uniqueness and plagiarism percentage within seconds.
- Sentence Wise Plagiarism:This feature helps you to find out which sentences in your content have been plagiarized from the online resource.
- Generate Plagiarism Report: This feature allows you to generate and download the plagiarism report with a registered account.
Editpad is a well-known platform because of its online Edit pad and Online Text Editor. It provides a free and easy-to-use plagiarism checker to check the uniqueness of academic documents within a couple of seconds.
This checker could be your first choice as an alternative to Turnitin because of its exact report of plagiarism detection. To check its working, we have inserted some pieces of published content in the check and it generates the below results:
It fetches information from multiple online databases and highlights the plagiarized text in your work.
Key Features of this Free Online Utility
- Easy-to-use Interface: This checker comes with a simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Multiple Files Uploading: You can use this feature to upload TXT, DOC, DOCX, and PDF files from your smart device.
- Instant Results: It quickly compares your text with online resources and generates plagiarism reports in no time.
- Finds Original Sources: This plagiarism checker finds all the matched sources and tells the percentage of copied text from the original source.
Honestly, Turnitin is an excellent source for educators as it provides a simple interface that helps teachers to grade students’ academic work. However, if you are searching for an alternative because any reason, you can see the listing above. The plagiarism checker by Prepostseo makes it easy for you to check up to 25,000 words in its premium version.
You can also use Check-Plagiarism to generate and download plagiarized text reports for future use. Editpad’s plagiarism checker also plays an important role in checking the uniqueness of your work with the latest AI technology.
Select the alternative as per your requirement and always make sure the work you are going to submit or publish is completely unique and free of any plagiarism.